Thursday, September 15, 2011

My first blog

Welp, my friend Amberly has convinced me to start a blog, so here goes...


Right now my hubs is away for a month training, no cell phones allowed. Not so fun for me. It is however giving me a chance to decorate my home, and get settled in to my new job at a vets office.




For those that don't know, I have the world's craziest dogs. First there's Yuenger, named after Yuengling, America's Oldest Brewery and my favorite beer. He's a 7 and a half month old chihuahua/jack russell mix. Then there's Gracie, a 3 and a half month old pitbull/hound mix. She already weighs twice what her big brother does. 



They're always getting into something, whether it's digging in the trash, eating ANOTHER dog bed that I've just bought them, or tearing up the blinds (not going into that one. Not a funny story since it'll cost about $150 to fix). Usually the things they do just make me laugh though. Today for instance a collar was eaten. When I left for work at about 7 this morning, I placed both of the dogs in the same crate, since there's more than enough room for now. Normally they don't do anything bad in the crate. They just sleep and chew on bones all day. 
Today that was not the story. When i went to let them out of the cage and take them outside, I noticed Yuenger wasn't wearing a collar. I looked in the crate and found his tags and parts to the collar. That's all. So I guess Miss Gracie decided Yuenger's collar looked extra yummy today lol...


Now on to my home! Since my husband is away, my project to keep me busy is decorating the house. I've been buying furniture, buying decor, and making lots of crafts! It's been a lot of fun. Today I stopped on my way home from work and bought this little pumpkin. It's the first bit of fall decor for me =). I also finished my wine cork display. I think it looks good there. Oh, and btw, I did not drink all of that wine! Lol, I got impatient and bought a bunch from a restaurant. It would've taken me years to collect all of those!


Now off to dinner with a friend from back home who's husband is stationed up here with us. They moved up here just a month after us! So happy about that... Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for first blog!!! Now I get to have details of your new life! Missing you so bad this week, I was writing down addresses for my yard sale route and got all sad. You know I could have helped you out with the cork situation. You know how I love my wine!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Yeah i'm going to try to stay with this! I miss you. I had so much fun yard saling with you last weekend! I had almost 20 wine corks, but that dish is SOOOO big. there's about 130 in there!

    ReplyDelete